Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas have been floating around the food blogging world the past few weeks. I had to get in on it. They looked sooo good! And, they were awesome. Best of all, Andy loved them and said this is a definite make again meal.
These were quick and easy to put together. Next time, I’ll try making the enchilada sauce from scratch.
This recipe could easily be doubled and you’ll probably want to. We were quite tempted to eat all of them in one sitting but then thoughts of extra gym time held us back. Next time, probably not.
4 whole wheat tortillas (approx. 12”)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
11 oz can red enchilada sauce
¼ C buffalo wing sauce
¾ C shredded cheese (I used a few different kinds to use up scraps – Gouda, mozzarella, and cheddar)
4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2 green onions, chopped
¼ C cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine the enchilada sauce and buffalo sauce in small bowl.
- Add shredded chicken to a bowl with ½ green onions and ½ C shredded cheese. Add 1/3 of enchilada and buffalo sauce.
- Pour an additional 1/3 of enchilada and buffalo sauce in the bottom of baking dish.
- Split the chicken mixture between all tortillas and roll being sure to fold in the sides. Place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada and buffalo sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle gorgonzola and remaining shredded cheese over top.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and cilantro.
Make 4 enchiladas
Adapted from How Sweet It Is.