I promised! Here are the scones from last weekend. Amazing? Yep!
I love scones but never seem to buy them or make them. It’s the once in a (very long) while, I order one and remember, oh yeah…I love these things. Plain, blueberry, chocolate chip, with icing; I love them all.
These were light, slightly sweet, moist, and oh so good. They were a hit at the jewelry party.
3 C flour
1/3 C sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 C unsalted butter
1 C buttermilk
1 C blueberries
1 T flour
1 T heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add butter and mix with your hands until completely blended. Add buttermilk and mix just until combined. Toss blueberries with flour. Fold into batter.
2. Transfer dough to a floured counter and divide into 2 parts. Roll each to 3/4″ thick. Cut each round into 8 wedges and place slightly separated on a greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with the cream.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Adapted from I can’t remember. Once I find the source, I’ll post it.
1/2 C butter
1/2 C blackberries
1. Whip butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add blackberries and beat on low until just combined.
Created by me, Emily.
4 oz mascarpone
1 C heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 – 2 tsp sugar
Zest of lemon
1. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat until the mixture holds its shape and looks like softly whipped cream. Use right away or cover and refrigerate the cream until serving time.
Adapted from Joy of Baking.
I forgot to take pictures of this!