Jewelry and brunch. The perfect combination! This past weekend I hosted a jewelry party and tried a few new recipes. All of them turned out great – Creamy Baked Eggs, Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread, and Blueberry Scones with Devonshire Cream, Blackberry Butter, and Honey Butter.
The first recipe I’ll share is Creamy Baked Eggs. I’ll share the rest with you later this week! Promise.
Creamy cheesey sauce mixed with eggs and bacon. Tasty by itself or on the side of cinnamon rolls, muffins, scones, or anything sweet. This recipe is a great brunch dish because it can be made the night before.
CREAMY BAKED EGGS
2 Tbls butter
2 Tbls flour
1 3/4 C 1% milk
1/2 C grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 package bacon
2 green onions, chopped
8 large eggs
1 piece bread
1 Tbls chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 6 ramekins and place on cookie sheet.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan then whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook for two minutes making sure not to brown.
3. Slowly add the milk while whisking. Cook until thickened (It should coat a spoon.)
4. Turn off the heat. Add grated cheese and whisk until smooth.
5. Add salt and pepper.
6. In separate, larger pan, cook bacon until brown and crispy. Remove bacon and place on plate with paper towels to soak up the grease. Remove bacon grease from pan, reserving 2 Tbls.
7. Saute green onions in bacon grease until soft.
8. Crumble bacon and add it back to the green onion pan.
9. In medium bowl, beat the eggs.
10. Add eggs to bacon and onion mixture.
11. Cook eggs until they are partially set and add the sauce.
12. Stir eggs and sauce and evenly distribute between greased ramekins.
13. Crumble bread into pieces and sprinkle on top of eggs.
14. If you are making this the night before, cover and put in fridge.
15. Bake uncovered for 2o min or until set and bread is toasted.
16. Sprinkle chives on top of eggs.
Adapted from Food.com.