Just because it’s spring doesn’t mean you can’t still cook with pumpkin. I’ve been eyeing these nuggets of goodness for a while. Why did I wait so long?
Puffy little treats tossed in cinnamon and sugar. They were so tasty and addictive, I had to put most of these little buggers straight into the freezer before I ate them all.
Best of all? They can kind-of, sort-of be considered healthy. Ok, not really but they have pumpkin instead of added oil. And, they’re baked not fried. It’s the little things that make the difference, right?
Try ‘em. They’re a great little breakfast treat, AM snack, lunch dessert, afternoon snack…you get the point.
10 Tbls (1 ¼ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 C flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ginger
⅓ C buttermilk
1 ¼ C pumpkin puree
¾ C brown sugar
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
¾ C sugar
2 ½ tsp cinnamon
¼ C (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
4. In large bowl or mixer,cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
7. With mixer on low, add flour mixture, pumpkin, and buttermilk until just combined.
8. Spoon into batter into muffin tins.
9. Bake for 10-12 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. While the muffins are baking, combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
11. After the muffins cool for 5 minutes, remove muffins from tins and brush the entire muffin with the melted butter.
12. Toss to coat in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Makes 48 mini muffins.
Adapted from Food Librarian who adapted it from Everyday Food.
These are absolutely scrumptious!! I love pumpkin all year round.
P.S. please post the recipe for that granola goodness next!! 🙂
Thanks Sarah! I’ll be posting the granola recipe in the next week. It’s next week’s Project Pastry Queen but I was just getting a head start since we’ll be out of town. It seemed perfect to take on our trip. Oooh, and if you stop by while I’m gone, there might just be some on the counter. 😉