Last Friday was National Doughnut Day and I have a mini doughnut maker sitting in the cabinet that hasn’t been touched. It was time to try it out. Honestly, I had very low expectations for this $10 on clearance impulse buy. I bought the Bella Cucina Donut Maker.
To my surprise, it works very well and is incredibly easy to use. Seriously.
Plug it in and let it warm up. Add the batter. Close it. Let it cook for about 2-3 min. Eat.
1 C flour
2 Tbls cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
⅔ C sugar
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
2 Tbls cold butter, cut into small pieces
¼ C coconut milk (buttermilk or regular milk can be substituted)
¼ C sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
¼ C Nutella
½ C powdered sugar
2 tsp coconut milk (buttermilk or regular milk can be substituted)
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk in sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Add butter and cut in with pastry cutter, fingers or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Cook according to electric doughnut maker instructions. (Mine took only about 2-3 min.)
- Allow doughnuts to cool slightly.
- Warm Nutella for about 20 seconds in microwave.
- Whisk in coconut milk.
- Whisk in powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Dip doughnuts in glaze and let cool (or not).
This recipe was made in an electric doughnut maker though the recipe should work well for any baked doughnut.
Adapted from Hooiser Homemade
I have no idea how I ended up on your blog, but I need to try these Nutella Glazed Doughnuts! They look so delicious!
Congratulations and all the best with your little one on the way!
Welcome! I so glad you found the blog and you should definitely try the doughnuts. Anything with Nutella is good, right? 🙂 Thanks Susan!
So, I’m in Northgate Macy’s after midnight during their 48-hour Chrirtmas sale (best time to shop due to no crowds in the store) and guess what’s on the clearance counter for $9.99? Of course I had to buy it after reading this! Another recipe to try 🙂
They’re so much easier and better than I thought. Let me know what recipe you make. I just saw one for spiced apple. Yummy!!