This week’s PPQ pick from Shawnda at Confections of a Foodie Bride was on the lighter side — Prosciutto Tostadas with Shrimp and Parsley. I turned it into a salad for a light dinner without having to turn on the oven.
With the combination of the bacon and shrimp with the tangy dressing, it was delicious!
For the other versions of this week’s recipe, visit the main Project Pastry Queen site.
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp vinegar (I used sherry vinegar)
- ¼ C chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 C mixed greens
- ½ C cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium.
- Add garlic and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp is opaque.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, vinegar, and parsley.
- Toss shrimp mixture with greens, tomatoes and bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Prosciutto Tostadas with Shrimp and Parsley from The Pastry Queen.