Finally, post #3. Chicken Caprese Grilled Sandwiches
Post #2 – Arugula Caprese Salad with Maple Bacon
Post #1 – Caprese Salad
We made these with the remainder of our basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella. A perfect end to our week of summer garden bliss. They’re so simple, yet so delicious!
CHICKEN CAPRESE GRILLED SANDWICHES
2 T olive oil
8 T basil pesto
2 precooked chicken patties (we use these)
8 fresh mozzarella slices
8 basil leaves
8 tomato slices
1. Slice each chicken patty horizontally (you want them thin). Cut each slice in half. You should have 8 pieces.
2. Preheat non-stick pan to medium-high.
3. Slice baguette into 16 1/2″ slices. Brush each slice with olive oil. Flip over all bread slices.
4. Top 8 of the bread slices with pesto and chicken. Top each of the other 8 slices of bread with a mozzarella slice, basil leaf and tomato slice.
5. Grill each bread slice with toppings, oilve oil side down until lightly browned. Sandwich together one of the pesto and chicken sides with the mozzarella sides.
Make sure the mozzarella slice is placed directly on the bread. You want it as close to the heat as possible so it melts.