Need a quick and easy dinner? Clean out the fridge and make a gourmet sandwich!
We had a Greek dinner the other night with lots of left over ingredients. Turns out I had just enough ingredients to make these awesome sandwiches!
You may not have all these ingredients on hand but you don’t need all the components. Just use what you have but don’t forget the good bread. It makes all the difference.
Feta Hummus Spread (recipe below)
Tzatziki Sauce (or store bought)
Cooked chicken breast
Pickled Onions (recipe below)
- Split and toast the rolls.
- Spread one half with Feta Hummus spread and the other with Tzatziki sauce.
- Layer the rolls with olives, lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, and pickled onions.
Feta Hummus Spread
- In food processor (mini if you have one), add 1 C garbanzo beans, ½ C feta cheese, 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, ½ tsp salt, and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Blend until smooth. Add 1 tsp water at a time to desired consistency.
- Thinly slice ½ red onion. Mix with 1 Tbsp vinegar (apple cider is best) and a pinch of salt.
- Let onions pickle for 30 min before using.