The first part of the week we were still in Austin. Hopefully, I’ve convinced Andy we need to move here. Ahh…love it!
Surprise, surprise! Only a one-pound increase from the vacation. That means I’ve officially hit the 10-pound mark. My guess is I’ll start to pack it on in the next few weeks.
Little man is a whole 2 pounds now! Crazy how it took 26 weeks to get him to 2 pounds and he’ll gain probably at least 5 more in the next 14 weeks. Yikes!
After we got home, Baby Ruf hadn’t really been kicking as much. It was making me nervous but he was definitely still moving and we were still hitting the “at least 10 movements in 24 hours.” I was about to call the doctor when he must have realized he was making his momma nervous. He was going at it ALL day!! Maybe he just need a little rest from such a big trip.
We started our baby registry this week. How the heck do people decide what to put on the list? It’s so overwhelming. About the only decision we’ve made is to not really put clothes on the registry because people will give you lots anyway. The lists at the stores tell you to put so much on the registry that we just don’t think are necessary. But, what do we know?
Thankfully, we have friends who are due any day, so we’ll just watch them closely to see what does/doesn’t work. Thanks guys 🙂
Here’s a few items we cannot make a decision on. Any advice would be sooo appreciated.
- Car seat – infant or convertible? If we pick one, how will it work with the stroller?
- Stroller – do we get a full-size, car seat carrier, jogging w/ car seat attachment, or all three?
- Bedding – this one isn’t too hard, we just need to do a little more research.
- Bottles – Oh, where to start? I think we’ll get just a few and see which one little man likes best.
- Baby carrier – I think I’m going to be a huge fan of these but which one(s) to choose?
- Diaper bag – thought this would be an easy one, but a friend pointed out that you probably don’t want to carry your purse and the diaper bag so I should look into a nicer one (she suggested Coach – ain’t gonna happen) that works for both.
- Cloth Diapers – Yes, our chosen route (for now). We think we’re going to order a couple from a few different brands, see what works for us, then invest in more. In the first few weeks, we’ll use more disposable.
If you’ve missed any bump updates, they’re all posted here.