Don’t lie. How many Cadbury Creme Eggs have you eaten in the past week? Well, in case you need one more but your stash has run out, try these.
P.S. I remembered to take pictures of these as we were leaving the house for the family gathering. Can you tell? 🙂
⅔ C flour
2 Tbls cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
½ C unsalted butter
½ C sugar
½ C light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ C light corn syrup
2 Tbls unsalted butter, room temperature
½ tsp vanilla extract
⅛ tsp salt
1 C powdered sugar
yellow food coloring
3 oz milk chocolate, chopped
2 Tbls unsalted butter, cut into cubes
½ tsp shortening (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt into a small bowl.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Immediately remove from heat.
- Whisk in sugars and stir until dissolved. Let mixture cool for a few min.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over top and fold into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Beat butter, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, mixing until creamy.
- Pour ¾ of the cream mixture on top of cooled brownies and spread into an evenly.
- Add a few drops of yellow food coloring to remaining cream mixture and stir until evenly colored.
- Drop spoonfuls of yellow cream on top of white layer, and then swirl gently with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Melt chocolate, butter, and shortening over low heat in a small saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Pour over cream filling, carefully spreading into a thin, even layer.
- Refrigerate and chill until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan using the edges of the parchment paper to lift the entire block out of the pan. Using a large sharp knife, cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 16 brownies
Slightly adapted from Love & Olive Oil
Keep brownies refrigerated.