After a week of vacation and catching up, I’m back in the kitchen. Watch out!
Here’s a super delicious and easy recipe that’s great for a potluck. I’ve made this many times and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. It’s probably the most moist cake you’ve ever tasted. Enjoy!
1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
1 (14 oz) can cream of coconut
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (16 oz) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
8 oz flaked coconut
- Prepare and bake cake according to directions.
- Remove cake from oven. Keep the oven on.
- While still hot, poke lots of holes all over the cake.
- Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the hot cake.
- While waiting for the cake to cool, spread coconut on baking sheet and cook for 5-7 min. Toss a few times while cooking. Watch VERY carefully as it will burn quickly.
- Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the toasted, flaked coconut.
- Keep cake refrigerated.
18 (or more) servings
Slightly adapted from Duncan Hines